Looking for a job?
With a purpose of “generating a sustainable future for all”, Juice Products New Zealand Limited (JPNZ) is a market leading vegetable and fruit processing company located in Timaru, and owned by Sumitomo Group (one of Japan’s major integrated trading and investments business enterprises). JPNZ produces high quality natural juice concentrates, juices and puree products which are exported to Japan, Taiwan, USA and Australia.
Night ShiftTrainee Production OperatorProduction
(Trainee) Production Operator
Juice Products New Zealand Limited (JPNZ) is a market-leading vegetable and fruit processing company located in Timaru and owned by Sumitomo Group (one of Japan's major integrated trading and investment business enterprises). JPNZ produces high-quality natural juice concentrates, juices and puree products which are exported to Japan, Taiwan, USA, and Australia. A key strategic focus is on developing and maintaining high-quality vegetable and fruit juices and purees for export markets.
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Production Operator to join the JPNZ team for the new season beginning in January 2024.
We need hardworking, reliable and motivated staff to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity to use your existing skill set while learning new systems and processes and gaining valuable industry knowledge.
The role involves operating a range of plant, equipment, and machinery during 12-hour shifts in a modern processing facility. Be part of a high-performing team fulfilling client orders within set time frames and to strict quality specifications.
We are looking for:
A night shift Trainee Operator with shifts starting at 5.45pm to 6am
The successful candidate will operate on a 4 on 4 off roster. Full training will be provided.
Effective start date: beginning of new production season January 2024
The successful candidate must be a NZ resident or have an appropriate work visa and will have:
• Proven work history in food production or manufacturing environments
• Good physical fitness/strength.
• Good reading, writing, and numerical skills
• Ability to use a computer for emails, and reading/controlling automated system
• Experience working shifts
• An excellent attitude and adherence to health and safety protocols
Desired (but not essential) skills/experience also includes:
• Forklift license and driving experience
• Experience in food production environments
• Exposure to HACCP protocols
Successful applicants will be able to show the following attributes:
• Good time management
• Attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic
• Willing to commit to a “one team, one way of working” philosophy
If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, DON'T DELAY – apply now telling us why we need you on our production team!
Night Shift Quality Control TechnologistTechnical and Quality
Juice Products New Zealand Limited (JPNZ) is a market leading vegetable and fruit processing company located in Timaru, and owned by Sumitomo Group (one of Japan’s major integrated trading and investments business enterprises). JPNZ produces high quality natural juice concentrates, juices and purees products which are exported to Japan, Taiwan, USA and Australia.
About The Role:
Our ideal candidate will hold a qualification in Food Science and have some experience working in a laboratory within the Food Production industry. The preferred applicant needs good written and verbal communication skills and can work well with others and within a team. Problem solving and analytical skills are a must.
NIGHT SHIFT QUALITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIST
Reports to: Technical & Quality Manager
Hours of work: 48 hrs per week, 4 x 12 hour shifts worked on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 6.00pm – 6.00am
Effective start date: Beginning of new production season January 2024
Key duties will include:
- Laboratory work including routine and as required testing of incoming raw products, in process and finished product relating to food quality and safety in accordance with company quality systems, HACCP requirements and relevant external bodies.
- Maintain laboratory and associated equipment, including daily calibration.
- Provide direction for seasonal staff in Laboratory methodologies
- Implementing and maintaining Quality systems and processes to internal and external standards
- Conduct internal audits
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Cope with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Problem solving skills
The successful applicant will need:
• NZ residency or valid work visa
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science
• 1-2 years’ experience in a laboratory within the Food Production industry.
• Understanding of methods and processes involved in manufacturing and food production
• Understanding of chemical composition, structure, and properties of different substances and the understanding of chemical interactions
• Understanding of quality processes and also statistical techniques
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and quality control standards
• Knowledge about measurement and test equipment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to manage files and records effectively.
Part-time Factory Cleaner
Juice Products New Zealand Limited (JPNZ) is a market leading vegetable and fruit processing company located in Timaru and owned by Sumitomo Group (one of Japan’s major integrated trading and investments business enterprises). JPNZ produces high quality natural juice concentrates, juices and purees products which are exported to Japan, Taiwan, USA and Australia.
We are seeking a part-time cleaner for 5 hours per day Monday – Friday to assist with keeping the factory and process areas clean and up to Food Safety and Quality Standards.
Duties will include:
• Cleaning inside the factory and laboratory areas to meet food hygiene standards
• Ensuring all bins, including inside the factory are emptied on a regular basis during the day
• Maintain supplies of soap, paper towels, and PPE where required within the factory
• Clean Gumboots as required and maintain a supply for visitors
• Clean control room
• Clean Hand wash & Boot wash stations
• Keeping toilets and staff room clean and tidy during the day
• Restock amenities with toilet rolls and hand towels and cleaning supplies as required during the day
• Laundering all washable PPE gear on a daily and as required basis. This includes washing and drying of appropriate articles
• Undertake a monthly stocktake of cleaning supplies and provide Production Administrator with a re-order list.
• Put supplies away in store room after checking off invoices
The successful applicant will need:
• Valid NZ work visa or residency
• Previous work experience in a factory environment
• Good communication skills
• High standards and attention to detail
OUR CURRENT EXPORT LOCATIONS
Outside of New Zealand, we export to Australia, Cameroon, China, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the USA.